Buying a helmet can be tricky. At first glance, you may already choose the one that looks so cool or hip then you start to check out the colors on hand. You may also begin your online search with “affordable helmets available” – already disregarding the thought of buying a slightly expensive (or costly) helmet for the reason that you want to save on cost. This is wrong. You should look closely into the features of the helmets available in the market. Particularly, you should verify if the brand or model you consider purchasing meets the requirements of the DOT. The price should be your least consideration when buying a helmet – unless you are restricted by your budget, you will only use it for your motorcycle class or you are not the one that rides in high speed because there are helmets that serve these purposes. Like the Fuel Helmets SH-FF0015 Full Face Helmet.
Perhaps you might also want to look at the Bell Rogue Helmet.
Features Of The Fuel Helmets SH-FF0015 Full Face Helmet
- Fuel has a lightweight shell to ensure comfort and speed. It is made of thermoplastic and has UV-resistant clear coating.
- It includes dual vented diffuser that has front and back vents, coupled with internal channel vent system to support airflow.
- This helmet is available in four sizes – small, medium, large, and extra large.
- The D-ring closure is used to adjust the chin strap to ensure snug fitting and retention strap to make sure that the excess chin strap will not bother you as you go on a ride.
- It is available in four sizes – small, medium, large, and extra large.
- The cheek pads and visor can be removed for easy cleaning.
- Fuel Helmets SH-FF0015 Helmet has mega-sized eye port to support goggles.
Benefits Of The Fuel Helmets SH-FF0015 Full Face Helmet
- The internal channel vent system and the dual-vented diffuser allow the air to flow freely around your head thereby giving comfort, particularly during hot weather.
- Because it’s UV-resistant, it protects you from the UV rays.
- Those who can’t afford high-end and finest built helmets can turn to Fuel Helmets SH-FF0015 Helmet.
- It suits beginners (and users of electric bicycles) that are looking for affordable helmets.
- Because Fuel Helmets SH-FF0015 Helmet is DOT FMVSS (Department of Transportation Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard) N.218 approved, it means that it has passed the minimum standards set for motorcycling on public streets and undergone a chain of impact tests thus you can feel confident that it will be able to protect you (to some degrees) in case of mishap.
- Its extra-large eye port gives sufficient room for goggles that riders can choose to wear one in case of need.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the visor and the cheek pads are easy because they are removable.
- Most buyers expressed satisfaction with Fuel Helmets SH-FF0015 Full Face Helmet. For some, it fits them perfectly (though they have to choose the size bigger than they normally wear), it weighs lighter, and it feels good.
- The price is very affordable that users believe that they still get value for their money because of decent quality and because it serves its purpose. Some even claimed that it looks better than that of $300-worth helmets available in the market.
- This works for beginning riders and for those who own electric bicycles because they do not ride with high speeds – at least not yet. It can already perform its function well.
- The visor gets scratches easily that you will have to be extra careful with it each time.
- This is not recommended for high-speed riding, but best for use during motorcycle class.
- With its low price tag – unlike other helmets – some buyers said that it does not appear to be sturdy thus it is not the kind that can offer protection against severe crash.
- If you travel 40mph or faster, the road noise can be annoying and uncomfortable. Most buyers find fault in this excessive wind noise.
- The helmet is tighter than the typical size. If you are used to using small, medium or large, you may opt for the next size when buying this.
- The fabric that touches the forehead and the cheeks is somewhat abrasive for some that it makes them feel uncomfortable. Some complained about feeling hurt because of the chin strap.
- The ventilation is not adequate even with the vents open that they feel a little hot.
- It fogs up quickly.
- The visor is not tinted thus you will need to wear sunglasses to be able to avoid too much light.
- It is not approved by other testing agencies like ECE and Snell. The ECE or the Economic Commission for Europe practices a more rigorous testing for helmets. It is recognized by major racing organizations in the world and more than 50 countries. Snell, on the other hand, is said to provide first-rate helmet certification. Its tests follow thorough process that is taken from motorcycling racing, where impacts are likely to be more ruthless.
Another crash helmet for you to think about is the Shoei Neotec Modular Helmet.
With the Fuel Helmets SH-FF0015 Full Face Helmet, you will have the best of both worlds – superior features without the upscale pricing. It is built in lightweight thermoplastic shell and features forehead vents, chin strap, and detachable visor. It is offered in four sizes thus you can find the one that fits you snugly. It is approved by DOT thus you can feel safe using it. However, you must take notice that it has no approval from ECE and Snell, two organizations that perform rigorous tests for helmets; thus, you must still be extra cautious about your speed and driving when using it because it may perhaps not be able to protect you from a huge impact.