Welcome to our review of the Duke Helmets DK-110 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet.
The number of fatalities in motorcycle or even bicycle crashes, which should have been avoided if only the riders wore their helmet, is astounding. It is a fact that riders are more likely to suffer less damage if they are wearing their helmets during an accident but still many of them do not want to wear helmets. Why? Some say that they are not really comfortable in wearing one or it is just too hot to wear it or because they have not tried it ever or just because wearing a helmet is not that pleasing to the eyes.
These kind of riders just have to understand and realize that numbers do not lie. There is a great chance of suffering more damage or worse, getting killed in accidents if the riders are not wearing a helmet. The Duke Helmets DK-110 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet complies with and even exceeds DOT FMVSS-218 motorcycle helmet safety standard which makes it very safe, making it the most famous helmet in the family of Duke Helmets. Read on below product features, benefits, pros and cons to know more about this helmet and be the judge if this is really worth the buy.
Features Of The Duke Helmets DK-110 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet
- Duke Helmets DK-110 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet’s shell is made of lightweight composite poly-alloy.
- The outer shell is finished with a clear coating.
- It is DOT FMVSS-218 standard compliant.
- Liners and cheek pads are fully changeable and washable, and even made with hypo-allergenic nylon.
- This helmet has five (5) points of ventilation in chin, rear, and forehead and has easily-released chin strap.
- It comes with a UV-resistant visor.
- Duke Helmets DK-110 Helmet’s shell is designed to be very aerodynamic. Riders should not feel any lift in the helmet because of the wind even at high speeds.
- Clear coat finish provides protection to the helmet’s paint – guaranteed to not deteriorate easily.
- It is guaranteed to be very safe as this helmet already passed checks and tests by DOT FMVSS-218 standard.
- This is very hygienic because liners and cheek pads are made of hypo-allergenic nylon, and are fully changeable and washable.
- Provides very good air circulation and comfort because of the vents in the chin, rear, and forehead areas with over-all five (5) points of ventilation.
- Duke Helmets DK-110 Helmet is light when worn and fit is just right, but secure and feels comfortable.
- Over-all look with the helmet is very cool.
- Matte color of the helmet can easily match any color of motorcycle or bike.
- The outer shell is made of very hard plastic and can obviously survive crash.
- The padding inside is soft and tight and are easily removable. Making it very hygienic to use especially during hot weathers when riders tend to sweat more.
- This helmet provides real protection against crashes even at high speeds as much as 70 mph.
- Published sizes are true and reliable.
- Visors are very sturdy and obviously, of high quality.
- Chin strap is really easy to release and use.
- The air vents work perfectly. They provide real ventilation that will save you from a hot day riding outside.
- Some riders complained that the paint in Duke Helmets DK-110 Helmet had flaws and easily began to scratch off.
- One rider reported manufacturer defect, a problem in the molding of the top vent though it was easily removed.
- There are some factory defects problems with the free tinted visor.
- Some riders complained of the gap between the helmet and the visor, causing breeze to just flow through.
- There are some riders who said that sizes are a bit larger. They recommended to order one size smaller.
- Some riders told about the bad smell of the helmet. The source might be from paint and chemicals like glues and adhesives that were used.
Perhaps this high quality helmet is the one for you: the Nexx XR1R Full Face Carbon Helmet.
If you are looking for a helmet that you will not have a problem wearing because it looks cool, Duke Helmets DK-110 Full Face Motorcycle Helmet is the helmet for you. The good news is that aside from looking hip, you are also guaranteed comfort and safety. This helmet fits perfectly and makes the rider feel more secure. The outer shell is made of very lightweight composite poly-alloy, but is very hard and sturdy. This helmet has the DOT label which means that it already underwent strict checks and tests to ensure that it will help absorb impact and save lives when crashes happen. In conclusion, this helmet is guaranteed to give you the good look without sacrificing your safety and comfort.